6.12.3 Once Parity Check Starts Each Week, Plex Docker/Container Stops Working and Plex Server Becomes Inaccessible

Each week, once my Parity Check starts, my Plex Media docker/container loses access to my media content.  When I view the container, it shows started but the CPU & Memory Load sit at 0% and the server will not serve up any content.  I have tried multiple dockers and have the same issue.  When I try stopping and restarting the container during the parity check, the container will no restart and my server remains down until I take the following actions.  1. Let the parity check finish or stop it manually. 2. Stop and restart my entire array.  Once I do this, my Plex container restarts itself and my plex server comes back on line for my family to access.

What I have done to try and resolve these issues. I've rebuilt my docker image and tried multiple Plex containers.  The same issue exists. 

I am also having another issue which may or may not be relevant here. My TimeMachine backups only run after a clean reboot and will not run incremental backups after the first full backup completes post reboot!

Here are my diagnostic zip file before I stopped and restarted the array after the parity check completed today.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

tower-diagnostics-20230816-1302.zip

8 hours ago, JackJack29 said:

I agree...and have been thinking about going to monthly for sure. appreciate the feedback!

Not sure why your container should stop while a parity check is in progress but performance could be badly affected.   You might want to install my Parity Check Tuning plugin so you can at least automate only running the checks in increments outside prime time.

I notice that your 'system' share exists on both the cache and disk1.   For best performance it should just be on the cache, and this would particularly relevant if the docker.img file is on the main array.   Note that you would need to have disabled the docker (and VM) services under setting if you want mover to transfer the anything related to it to the cache; manually run mover to transfer the files; re-enable the Docker and VM services under Settings.

Since you are on Unraid 6.12.3 release then for shares that exist only on the cache you can take advantage of the 'exclusive' share feature to get better performance on accessing these shares.  To use this you need to:

• Make sure that the files for the share only exist on the cache pool and are no longer on any main array disk.
  • Make sure the shares to use this mode have no Secondary storage set (probably currently set to the array), only the cache drive as the Primary Storage.
  • Enable Exclusive shares under Settings->Global Share settings.   Not sure if you then need to restart the array at this point.
  • Set the Exclusive share  setting for each share that should use this mode.