Accidentally Recovered a "Lost" Windows VM

Hello All,

I'm completely lost after stumbling into a rather odd situation with my Unraid server's VMs and was hoping for some help understanding things.

I had previously setup a Windows 11 Gaming VM, passed through one of my GPUs and set up the Vdisk to only use my cache drive (500GB vdisk on a 1TB M2 drive) and had it working fine. After moving houses and suffering a power bump or something similar, all of my VMs stopped working. Today I figured out that my BIOS settings had reset somehow and that was the reason they had all stopped working. Prior to discovering this however, I had done a variety of troubleshooting steps after assuming that my upgrading to Unraid 6.12.3 from 6.11.X was the issue. I edited the config for the Win 11 VM and Unraid seemed to have failed to update the config, spinning until I eventually navigated back to the VMs tab and discover my Win 11 VM was no longer listed. After this I gave up, deleted the Vdisk from my cache drive (and all other shares I could find it on) and assumed I'd have to create a new VM and start the process over again. 

Today I began the process of creating a new Win 11 VM after fixing my reset BIOS settings, but once I booted the VM (new name and disk location, but same overall settings) I noticed it was my presumed deleted VM instead of a fresh vdisk and a copy of Windows waiting to be installed. Can anyone help me make sense of how this is possible and what I might have done to recover this VM? I'd like to continue using this VM but want to make sure I'm not just hanging on to temporarily cached settings that are soon to be overwritten by the "new" VM.

To sum it up in a step by step fashion:

• Setup Windows Gaming VM
  • BIOS resets somehow
  • Update to latest version of Unraid
  • VM no longer boots and I assume it's the Unraid update at fault
  • Attempt to update the VM settings but it doesn't finish saving
  • VM disappears from list
  • Delete the vDisk and assume I'm starting over
  • Discover the BIOS settings have reset, fix settings
  • Create new Windows VM with a different name
  • New VM boots into the old VM (this is consistent, even after rebooting the VM and making changes)

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.