Thank you Unraid but I am leaving.

I have been trying for days to setup AD or LDAP permissions in Unraid, -and nothing.

I am honestly at my wits end with this. There is no AD sync to the actual Unraid server itself so there is no way to assign groups and permissions through that. No matter what folder I do it to no matter what share, if change any of the permissions, or better god forbid I remove the Everyone group it breaks all the permissions down stream. Users cannot read to a folder another user has created even though they are part of the specified initial owner group in Unraid. There is nothing you can do.

And don't even get me started on the absolute lack of LDAP. Just nothing, not even for the admin panel. No hardware RSA authentication, no SSO, not even basic app based software OTP for the root user, which I might ass is the only user that has access to the admin portal.

I have read and followed every guide I can find on the internet, and nothing. There is no way to apply any kind of security, unless I use a user that was made in Unraid. I thought that when I bought a software that had "Pro" in its name the basic use of LDAP and AD would just be plug and play. Just like on the free and open source alternative TrueNAS. But no, turns out Unraid is just like apple and uses Pro to look cool. 

I am sorry if I seem quite upset, because I am, I was lured in by the ability to upgrade my storage on the fly, but then hit in the face with a pan and then ran over by a truck by the lack of features.

And to top it all off, because I can't do any kind of AD or LDAP, i cant even pass the share to a jump server to handle groups and access between accounts. 

If you are any kind of business or intend to use Unraid for anything more important than movies or shows, stay far far far away, I wouldn't even trust Unraid with not leaking my open source code.

• Like 1