remotly start unraid using wake on lan

I have been trying on and off to get wake on lan to work for my unraid server.

It is an asus wrx80 and I do have wake the wake lan option in the bios turned on. I had followed the space invader one video guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riaYymXF6CA. When i first built my unraid sever on an x299 mini itx board. I was able to get virtual machines to start. But not anymore, its something i will fix later down the line (maybe to do with using different ip address so the vm shows as a separate pc on the network).

I have forwarded the port 7 as per the video for the IP address the unraid server uses (the ipmi uses a different ip address and im sure that doesnt get forwarded as that already powered on).

If I run ethtool eth0, this is what i get.
Settings for eth0:
        Supported ports: [ TP ]
        Supported link modes:   100baseT/Full
                                1000baseT/Full
                                10000baseT/Full
                                2500baseT/Full
                                5000baseT/Full
        Supported pause frame use: Symmetric
        Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
        Supported FEC modes: Not reported
        Advertised link modes:  100baseT/Full
                                1000baseT/Full
                                10000baseT/Full
        Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric
        Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
        Advertised FEC modes: Not reported
        Speed: 1000Mb/s
        Duplex: Full
        Auto-negotiation: on
        Port: Twisted Pair
        PHYAD: 0
        Transceiver: internal
        MDI-X: Unknown
        Supports Wake-on: umbg
        Wake-on: g
        Current message level: 0x00000007 (7)
                               drv probe link
        Link detected: yes

So it looks like wake on lan can work, but whenever i try to send the magic packet to start my unraid server. Nothing happens. I would like to be able to start my unraid server using fring network app as that does have wake on lan support. but i can give the depricus wake on lan app a go. it would then be nice to be able to remotely start the unraid server (maybe).

Any help or advice, please?

UPDATE Below

Sods law when I get an issue and then post about, I end up solving it, so in case anyone has similar issues, this should hopefully point in the right direction.
Basically had everything set up correctly, with pci wake from lan (look for something similar named). Then power on your server normally. I used the wake on lan tool which i found about from this post. Once installed, just select your unraid server. if you have ipmi functionally, then ignore the ip address that gives, as that's always on. Then you can automatically fetch corresponding info and wake on lan should work. I did forward port 7 on internal and external utp for the unraid server, this might not be needed if you want to power on your computer from within your own network (more secure).

But more practical, is getting the unraid server to start from a phone. I managed to get fring app to work fine. As i knew wake on lan worked, I simply selected the unraid server when its powered on, then simply added to the wake on lan list.

Edited by Goldmaster
sods law it decided to work