Slow copying from Synology to Unraid

I have a Synology NAS, I've just built a Unraid NAS and I'm now trying to copy my folders from my Synology to my Unraid server but I'm only getting 10MBs transfer speeds.

Both my Sysnology and Unraid NAS are connected to the back of my Netgear Obi, each is a 1GBs per port, but yet the transfer rate is so low (large media files).

What can I do to improve the transfer speed? I was hoping for closer to 100MBs. I'm using a CFIS transfer protocol, and I've thought about switching to NFS but I'm unsure that will make a significant difference. I also have a spare 1GBs switch (the Synology is limited to 1GBs where as my Unraid NAS is 2.5Gbe)

That speed sounds like the network might be running at 100 Mbps.  This can happen if any port and/or cable does not have all connection working. You might want to do iperf3 tests to check the network speeds between the systems.

You are likely to get better informed feedback if you attach your system’s diagnostics zip file to your next post in this thread so we can see what is going on.

8 minutes ago, enhanced-vernacular6115 said:

Thanks itimpi, it was the Ethernet lead I was using. Was a flat Cat 7, but was 10m in length and I'm not convinced by it. Swapped it out for a 2m Cat 8 lead and its now hitting 1000Mbps, makes all the difference to not just copy jobs but streaming large media files.

Glad to hear that it is resolved.

I think many people do not realise that if any of the connections on the 4 twisted pairs inside a standard Gbit LAN cable do not connect properly, it can silently downgrade to 100Mbps as that only requires 2 twisted pairs.   In some ways it would be easier to diagnose if it stopped working rather continuing to work but in degraded mode.