IPVLAN / UNIFI - need help understanding this statement.

From this page on the 6.12.4 release::

"However, some users have reported issues with [...] reduced functionality with advanced network management tools (Ubiquity) when in ipvlan mode."

I have tried 6.12.3 and 6.12.4 - both versions crashed, forcing me to hard shutdown the system.  I followed the update instructions to the letter, disabling bridging... etc

I have no idea if this is related to the macvlan issue or not. 

I run Unifi full stack

I run vlans on unifi

I do have custom docker networks on unraid.

I do not assign ips to my containers or run them on custom vlans.

Should I just try 6.12.4 with IPVlan? or should I just wait for 6.12.5 since .3 and .4 were not ready for primetime?

edit:

6.12.3 crash reported here - 

6.12.4 crash reported here - 

Edited by johnny2678

ipvlan works well on most networks, and there is no way the system can crash due to macvlan when configured for ipvlan. It is a good default, I'd recommend starting there.

However, if you have issues with port forwarding (so far only reported by users with a Fritzbox) then you'll want to use macvlan.

Network access works fine in Ubiquity but some users don't like that when ipvlan is enabled, Ubiquity can no longer show Docker containers on custom networks with their own entry in graphs/tables/etc. If that is a critical feature for you then you'll want to use macvlan.

My suggestion would be to confirm the system is stable with ipvlan and then decide if you want to make any changes.

• Like 1