[Solved]Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system

ubuskapeed
Go to solution Solved by ubuskapeed,

I noticed the following errors in syslog. I had gotten a read only error with cache and I had followed the steps in one of the posts in the forum to mount the cache to recover my data.

Sep 13 12:48:28 Tower kernel: XFS (md1p1): Internal error xfs_bui_item_recover at line 531 of file fs/xfs/xfs_bmap_item.c.  Caller xlog_recover_process_intents+0x9c/0x25e [xfs]
Sep 13 12:48:28 Tower kernel: CPU: 1 PID: 4347 Comm: mount Tainted: P           O       6.1.38-Unraid #2
Sep 13 12:48:28 Tower kernel: Call Trace:
Sep 13 12:48:28 Tower kernel: XFS (md1p1): Internal error xfs_trans_cancel at line 1097 of file fs/xfs/xfs_trans.c.  Caller xfs_bui_item_recover+0x2ab/0x2ee [xfs]
Sep 13 12:48:28 Tower kernel: CPU: 1 PID: 4347 Comm: mount Tainted: P           O       6.1.38-Unraid #2
Sep 13 12:48:28 Tower kernel: Call Trace:
Sep 13 12:48:28 Tower emhttpd: /mnt/disk1 mount error: Unsupported or no file system
Sep 13 12:48:29 Tower emhttpd: /mnt/cache mount error: Unsupported or no file system

• Solution

I was able to fix the issue with the disk by running the xfs repair after starting up the array in maintenance mode using SpaceInvaders youtube videos which were a lifesaver.

I was not able to recover the cache drive and it resulted in some data loss but nothing important. I was able to do a cold backup by doing an rsync and I got back my important documents but all my docker containers including my pet minecraft server is unrecoverable. 

• ubuskapeed changed the title to [Solved]Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system
7 hours ago, ubuskapeed said:

but all my docker containers including my pet minecraft server is unrecoverable.

Do you have the appdata backup plugin installed to make periodic backups of your appdata folder?    If so then if you have a recent backup of this you can get your containers back to the running state as of the backup using Apps->Previous apps to reinstall containers with previous settings.

• Thanks 1