Problems with Windows Network discovery

Go to solution Solved by Mainfrezzer,

I've been using unraid for a while now and so far it's been working good. I have my shares and I could access them just fine at \\HOMESERVER.

Context bit:

Today I added drives to the array and to my cache pools, so before I did that I had to disable VMs, Docker, move everything out of the cache and re-enable it when I was done adding drives.

My issue:

And now \\HOMESERVER is not accessible on Windows (Android and a Linux Mint VM on VMWare finds that path). If I want to access my shares I have to either use \\homeserver.local or the IP, \\192.168.1.130.

Also, on Windows, if I go to the Network "folder" in the Explorer, it finds my old WD Nas as "NAS", my router and other stuff, and all is reachable, unraid is shown as "HOMESERVER" but is NOT reachable. The other two paths I mentioned earlier are not discovered.

Why is my SMB share not working anymore on Windows? This seems entirely a Windows problem because as I said I can access shares from other non-Windows OSs.

EDIT:

By the way, there's a PiHole on my network acting as a DNS.

homeserver-diagnostics-20230919-2205.zip

Edited by Nirvash
11 minutes ago, Mainfrezzer said:

whats the output if you open the command prompt in windows and type in "nslookup homeserver"? (only the internal ips, if anything shows up)

Output:

nslookup homeserver
Servidor:  pi.hole
Address:  192.168.1.20

Nombre:  homeserver.casa
Address:  192.168.1.215

It's as I was saying in the previous post. .215 is not the correct IP!

Thank you very much, I didn't know about nslookup. I'll keep it in mind for the next time. :)

Edit: Yes, that was it. I changed my Unraid hostname and everything works as normal again. Thank you very much, @Mainfrezzer.

Edited by Nirvash
  • Like 1