6.12.4 intermittent crash or connectivity loss

Terebi
Go to solution Solved by Terebi,

I had been using unraid smoothly for most of the summer, but recently Ive started getting "random" crashes, approximately 1x/day. Its possible its not a crash, but instead is a loss of (inbound?) network connectivity, as sometimes I think I get some notifications sent from docker images during a time when the server is unavailable.

When the server has "crashed", I cannot reach any services exposed by docker (neither locally, nor via the ports exposed by those services (locally or remotely)), nor connect via 3rd party apps, nor to the web ui, nor via connect.

I am not running pihole/adblock images that have been a problem for others in the past.

The server is primarily used as a plex media server, with the radarr/sonarr ecosystem running as well, everything via docker. 

tower-diagnostics-20230920-0826.zip

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

The issue ended up being that I enabled cstates in my bios to reduce power draw and cpu temps. But apparently that caused frequent crashes.   Further information was that CPU would spike up and stay spiked for 30-60 minutes prior to a crash, and that already-open connections (plex, tautilli, dashboard, etc) worked, but if you closed any of them and tried to re-open, it would not connect. 

Since disabling cstates I have been stable

• Like 1