Can someone point me to or post instructions to reset my network settings to the install default?

Go to solution Solved by Dick Dawson,

Seems I am that person with only enough knowledge to be dangerous HAHA. I have a complete mess of a network setup. So far i only have plex & krusader installed (well I had nextcloud and a couple Dockers but only base installs and to be sure I removed them). I was playing in networking trying to solve an issue but it turned out it was an issue with new router from ISP. Long story but I have a plex server that can connect to some of my LAN devices but not all and a few WAN devices but not most. Worse is I can even load the Community Applications plugin now.

Could someone point me to a write up on a base network config for UNRAID 6.12.4 I can go back to? Or is there a file maybe I can delete, reboot and have it rebuild in its default settings again? I have tried searching a bit but so many threads sound like they will have the info I'm looking for then go off into things i've never heard of in all my years of tech geekery. 

Thanks for reading and for any help. Hopefully soon this big ole box will be running nextcloud and much more. 

I have included a diagnostics file as well, just in case it helps. Can't hurt right. 

CA-Logging-20230930-0942.zip

5 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You should be able to just delete the config/network.cfg file from the flash drive and reboot to go back to default network settings.

WOW, I was hoping it would be that easy. Nice. OK, one thing though (I am still on first coffee here so... hahahaha) I am assuming I can't do this when it's running so This would be remove the USB and do on one of my desktops? 

Thanks for responding so fast! This UNRAID community is properly killer and I am looking forwards to being able to be helpful soon too. I've don a lot of Mac and PC tech support over the years. 

• Solution

OK. That did rebuild the file but still I was lost, but I did fix it. 

After the network.cfg was rebuilt and the server rebooted into GUI mode I tried CA plugin and nothing. it gave me the change ur DNS page and sure enough they were from ISP so for sure the file rebuild worked. I set them to the ones recommended and still nothing. Then I remembered in a spaceinvader video I had watched on YouTube to learn a little UNRAID I was advised to turn off IPV6 and thought hmmmm, wasn't exactly the newest video so, let's turn it back on. Boom CA plugin loads and in firefox on UNRAID GUI I can load google again. Took a little and got my plex server and all working fine so far so I think I am good to go again!

I should add, with ipv6 off and my old ISP router things were fine but I had just got a new one and... Damn thing can't even port forward properly, only opens ports but you can't remap them. Useless garbage I'll have to bridge and get a real router now. 

Big thanks @itimpi 

Edited by Dick Dawson

Same here actually. It's this new router/modem for sure. The thing is a proper POS. Half the damn settings have been moved to a freekin moronic phone app now and things are missing and all. I am quite convinced it was the culprit that sent me down the rabbit hole messing things in my network settings up. This to me is an issue with everyone doing how to's on video now instead of lets say blog posts or forums maybe as the info ages poorly and yet it stays up. I never would have turned IPV6 off if I wasn't advised to. Oh well. lessons learned and all. Now to dig into my new CloudFlare account/domain and get nextcloud all sorted out. 

Thanks again!