[SUPPORT] AlexRed's Template Repository

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been using auto-m4b bit and it works well enough, but I notice is it is the biggest container in docker.img. Any idea how this can easily be reduced?

Name                                            Container                Writable                 Log

auto-m4b                                        5.67 GB                  4.51 GB                  20.9 MB
AMP                                             5.42 GB                  759 MB                   120 kB
calibre                                         2.26 GB                  327 kB                   4.31 kB
calibre-web                                     1.50 GB                  746 MB                   56.8 kB
binhex-prowlarr                                 1.44 GB                  219 MB                   129 kB
qbittorrent-vpn                                 1.34 GB                  1.16 MB                  7.58 MB
Krusader                                        1.11 GB                  3.12 MB                  67.5 kB
unifi-controller                                756 MB                   340 kB                   36.0 kB
audiobookshelf                                  626 MB                   0 B                      2.95 kB
Foundry                                         422 MB                   216 MB                   65.6 kB
plex                                            340 MB                   46.8 kB                  4.41 kB
nzbget                                          208 MB                   27.9 MB                  24.3 MB
tautulli                                        204 MB                   2.66 kB                  2.55 MB
sonarr                                          195 MB                   23.7 kB                  149 kB
Kitana                                          179 MB                   619 kB                   24.6 kB
Tailscale                                       73.8 MB                  209 B                    792 kB
Total size                                      21.7 GB                  6.48 GB                  56.8 MB

On 1/1/2024 at 3:44 PM, Happydish said:

Any chance of getting beets-audible? Or even integrating that with Auto-m4b? 
Thanks

If I have time I will look into adding it, looks like they already support a docker compose setup though so should be pretty easy to add manually.

2 hours ago, quietas said:

I've been using auto-m4b bit and it works well enough, but I notice is it is the biggest container in docker.img. Any idea how this can easily be reduced?

Name                                            Container                Writable                 Log

auto-m4b                                        5.67 GB                  4.51 GB                  20.9 MB
AMP                                             5.42 GB                  759 MB                   120 kB
calibre                                         2.26 GB                  327 kB                   4.31 kB
calibre-web                                     1.50 GB                  746 MB                   56.8 kB
binhex-prowlarr                                 1.44 GB                  219 MB                   129 kB
qbittorrent-vpn                                 1.34 GB                  1.16 MB                  7.58 MB
Krusader                                        1.11 GB                  3.12 MB                  67.5 kB
unifi-controller                                756 MB                   340 kB                   36.0 kB
audiobookshelf                                  626 MB                   0 B                      2.95 kB
Foundry                                         422 MB                   216 MB                   65.6 kB
plex                                            340 MB                   46.8 kB                  4.41 kB
nzbget                                          208 MB                   27.9 MB                  24.3 MB
tautulli                                        204 MB                   2.66 kB                  2.55 MB
sonarr                                          195 MB                   23.7 kB                  149 kB
Kitana                                          179 MB                   619 kB                   24.6 kB
Tailscale                                       73.8 MB                  209 B                    792 kB
Total size                                      21.7 GB                  6.48 GB                  56.8 MB

Hmm, I don't see it using more than 500mb at all. It is possible that it is writing to a directory inside of itself that it doesnt prune, i.e failed conversions? Or if you didn't map the staging folder properly. I'd suggest using docker directory with Unraid instead of disk images anyway, much easier to manage everything.

Hi Alex,

thanks for providing the dbgate docker. Everything works great except for exporting query results (Excel, csv whatever). I always get a page saying "Unauthorized" (sample URL: http://192.168.3.4:3000/uploads/get?file=5eadedc0-b9ff-11ee-bbfc-cbe2ec6f9ba9.xlsx). Can I somehow configure the docker container to authorize exports?
Thank you!

On 1/22/2024 at 2:01 PM, AlexRed said:

Hmm, I don't see it using more than 500mb at all. It is possible that it is writing to a directory inside of itself that it doesnt prune, i.e failed conversions? Or if you didn't map the staging folder properly. I'd suggest using docker directory with Unraid instead of disk images anyway, much easier to manage everything.

It's definitely using one of my shares rather than a folder inside the docker.
I'll have to look into docker directories. I've seen them mentioned a few times but the docker image has been around for many years with this Unraid system and I have yet to change it.

On 1/23/2024 at 7:57 AM, gutding said:

Hi Alex,

thanks for providing the dbgate docker. Everything works great except for exporting query results (Excel, csv whatever). I always get a page saying "Unauthorized" (sample URL: http://192.168.3.4:3000/uploads/get?file=5eadedc0-b9ff-11ee-bbfc-cbe2ec6f9ba9.xlsx). Can I somehow configure the docker container to authorize exports?
Thank you!

Yea I see that, looks like it was fixed recently: https://github.com/dbgate/dbgate/pull/677 but not released yet to the master branch. Can probably use the :beta docker image tag to grab the latest build.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For VictoriaMetrics, I'd update the 'overview' and 'additional requirements' to recommend using VictoriaMetrics with Home Assistant's Prometheus integration rather than its InfluxDB one. Prometheus has cleaner labels, is better supported in VMUI, and VictoriaMetrics uses PromQL-compatible queries so it's better to use data sources that were designed for that.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2024 at 5:12 PM, Daniel15 said:

For VictoriaMetrics, I'd update the 'overview' and 'additional requirements' to recommend using VictoriaMetrics with Home Assistant's Prometheus integration rather than its InfluxDB one. Prometheus has cleaner labels, is better supported in VMUI, and VictoriaMetrics uses PromQL-compatible queries so it's better to use data sources that were designed for that.

That is actually exactly why I added this to the repo =] Good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the Auto-m4b. It made the process much simpler for me. I had two questions:

1. According to the additional notes on the docker, it says the CPU shares set by default is 256, which should limit the CPU usage to a quarter (25%) of the available CPU. I am seeing that the docker is using 100% of available. At least during the fix phase. CPU usage goes down when it goes to the merge phase, around 50 - 80%. It doesn't seem to slow down my Unraid as my Plex still renders just fine, but I thought this was strange and maybe I'm doing something wrong.
  2. What is your recommended way to get beets up and running for tagging while staying within Unraid. I see beets.io has a docker in the CA. I could also just run the docker manually from the linked GitHub in your notes but that seems to recommend running it from a Linux machine, which I assume would be a VM if I am sticking with Unraid. I am sure I can figure it out but thought I would ask first.

Thank you for your time!

Edited by VertusAnima
Formatting numbered list properly
On 4/7/2024 at 1:14 AM, VertusAnima said:

Thank you for the Auto-m4b. It made the process much simpler for me. I had two questions:

1. According to the additional notes on the docker, it says the CPU shares set by default is 256, which should limit the CPU usage to a quarter (25%) of the available CPU. I am seeing that the docker is using 100% of available. At least during the fix phase. CPU usage goes down when it goes to the merge phase, around 50 - 80%. It doesn't seem to slow down my Unraid as my Plex still renders just fine, but I thought this was strange and maybe I'm doing something wrong.
  2. What is your recommended way to get beets up and running for tagging while staying within Unraid. I see beets.io has a docker in the CA. I could also just run the docker manually from the linked GitHub in your notes but that seems to recommend running it from a Linux machine, which I assume would be a VM if I am sticking with Unraid. I am sure I can figure it out but thought I would ask first.

Thank you for your time!

Hey Vertus,

1) --cpu-shares is actually a soft limit, only enforced when your cpu is in use. If its idle for the most part, the container can use 100% no prob. I should update the description in that section.

2) beets alone (the one in the CA) is mostly for music management and tagging, I think you're thinking of this: https://github.com/Neurrone/beets-audible in which case the best way to use it in unraid is the docker-compose setup descrbed in the repo. You can manage your own docker compose files (and have them autorun/etc) with the Compose Manager plugin. 

I just use audiobookshelf for metadata management though, works well enough for me.