Random Shutdowns are not that nice :(

Hello Guys

I just installed Unraid like yesterday and wanted to see if i could use it for my home lab. But while testing everything the server happend to randomly shutdown. Right before the Shutdown i hear a loud Beep and then the server shuts down. I am completly new to unraid so i have no idea whats wrong or how i can fix it. I hope someone can help me. So far i like it pretty much but when the server just randomly shutsdown its lets say not so practical.

lab-test-diagnostics-20231008-1650.zip

A sudden shutdown normally points to a hardware issue, particularly as you mentioned it being accompanied by a beep.    You might want to check that all fans and cooling are working as expected in case it was a thermal shutdown due to,CPU overheating.   The PSU might be another suspect.

the syslog included in the diagnostics is the RAM copy that starts fresh each time the system is booted.   To get one that survives a reboot you can use the syslog server.

This looks like the events leading up to the reboot:

Oct  8 17:11:14 Lab-Test rc.inet1: ip link del bond0
Oct  8 17:11:14 Lab-Test kernel: bond0 (unregistering): Released all slaves
Oct  8 17:11:14 Lab-Test rc.inet1: ip link set lo down
Oct  8 17:14:31 Lab-Test kernel: microcode: microcode updated early to revision 0x28, date = 2019-11-12
Oct  8 17:14:31 Lab-Test kernel: Linux version 6.1.49-Unraid (root@Develop-612) (gcc (GCC) 12.2.0, GNU ld version 2.40-slack151) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Aug 30 09:42:35 PDT 2023
Oct  8 17:14:31 Lab-Test kernel: Command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/bzimage initrd=/bzroot
Oct  

Nothing there to give a clue as to why the system rebooted I am afraid.

Not sure what else to suggest to check for at this point other than to say nothing being logged is normally what we see when there is a hardware error.

Have you tried running a memory test?  

I saw the other day someone mentioning the “Ultimate Boot Disk” as a way of getting a number of useful diagnostic tools.   Not tried them myself although it looked useful.

Would not think a hard drive should cause a reboot but always worth trying a different one as something easy.

you could also try booting a Linux Live distribution to see if the system stays running using that.