DNS Despair! (http/https) - Guidance needed.

Kev600

Hey Guys, (My unraid Docker engine works - but the 'Docker Containers' section was disabled and I couldn't submit this there!)

I'm looking for some help, please...  on getting my Docker Containers to respond by domain name.. Just can't seem to get it working..

I'm on Unraid 6.12.4.

I have a domain and configured it in Cloudflare - I have followed stuff by SpaceInvader One and Ibracorp - Initially with Nginx Proxy Manager, and now subsequently, with Traefik... But still having access and certificate issues.
With NPM, after the Error code 526, and reducing the security level in Cloudflare, I was just getting the Unraid Log-in page, instead of my apps..
With Traefik I now have the Cloudflare Error code 526 page again, even though it's supposed to have automatically set up Let'sEncrypt certs?

I have a docker network and have forwarded the ports on my router...

Most of the guides are old and refer to DuckDNS with outdated Unraid and outdated Cloudflare info - and then I see other refs saying don't use that use NPM/Traefik/Swag... I've gone round and round in circles.

Any assistance/suggestions for main troubleshooting points would be HUGELY appreciated, because this is  tiresome and totally deflating my ideas after building and upgrading my Unraid server to Plus... 🤦‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

So I'd be a very happy man if I got £5 for every eyeroll, muttered RTFM, Search the forum, noob, just do it properly, etc. kind of comment. I'm even surprised nobody tried to 'coach me' to use paid support with the Unraid Guru's!

I'd also be happy with any 'here's what worked for me' type of responses... 

I've made a lot of progress by using Cloudflared instead of using any flavour of reverse-proxying.
Something isn't/wasn't right with my config and I just couldn't get to the bottom of it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2023 at 5:01 PM, Kev600 said:

I'd also be happy with any 'here's what worked for me' type of responses... 

My domain is with Cloudflare, and I was able to configure DNS, generate a Cloudflare certificate and configure nginx to work as a reverse proxy, so it can work.

I have a docker network and have forwarded the ports on my router...

Hmm, you should only need to open 443 if you're using a reverse proxy

• Like 1