Can you have multiple RAID cache pools?

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

So, I'm in the middle of planning an upgrade of my server, and my main cache pool will be going from 2x 1TB SATA SSDs (RAID 1) to 2x 2TB NVMe SSDs (RAID 1).

However, I'm also planning on moving my secondary cache pool (currently a 14TB spinny) to 2-3x 4TB (8-12TB total) SATA SSDs in RAID 0. This would just be for torrents and my own blu-ray rips before moving them over to the array, so it's only an inconvenience if a drive fails. Anything important would be on the array. I know it's a bit of overkill for such tasks, but I sometimes want to transfer stuff while those Linux ISOs are downloading at high speed, and I'd like to see bigger numbers on the transfer. Also, it's fun to see what I can do.

I'm just curious if there's any limitation in having both a RAID 1 cache pool and a RAID 0 cache pool at the same time?

2 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You can have many pools individually set up with their own configuration.  Each User Share can specify which pool (if any) will be used for caching purposes for that particular share.    Is that what you wanted know?

Mostly. As I said, I have two different cache pools now. I was mostly wondering if there is any kind of limitation on setting up multiple RAID configurations (one RAID 1, and one RAID 0), whether that be a limitation of Unraid itself, or something inherently in the SATA controllers on motherboards. Stuff like that.

• Solution
7 minutes ago, PlayLoud said:

Mostly. As I said, I have two different cache pools now. I was mostly wondering if there is any kind of limitation on setting up multiple RAID configurations (one RAID 1, and one RAID 0), whether that be a limitation of Unraid itself, or something inherently in the SATA controllers on motherboards. Stuff like that.

Each pool can be configured independently both in terms if the number of drives in it, the type of file system and any raid levels.