Python on unRAID?

xbit

I'd like to install python version 2.5 or at the very least 2.4.4.  On http://packages.slackware.it/ version 2.5 is only available for Slackware 12 (not sure what version unRAID us running... 10?), and 2.4.4 is not available at all.  So just for shiggles I installed 2.5, it nearly worked, but I got an error when running my python program saying that it couldn't find module _md5.  Anyway, I found on a different forum that that is a precompiled package and this error probably means the python install was compiled against a different kernal or some such. 

So anyone know how to get python working?

I gave it a shot but it still gives me the same error:

from cherrypy.lib import autoreload, cptools, httptools

File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/cherrypy/lib/cptools.py", line 3, in <module>

import md5

File "/usr/lib/python2.5/md5.py", line 6, in <module>

from hashlib import md5

File "/usr/lib/python2.5/hashlib.py", line 133, in <module>

md5 = __get_builtin_constructor('md5')

File "/usr/lib/python2.5/hashlib.py", line 60, in __get_builtin_constructor

import _md5

ImportError: No module named _md5

There's a good possibility I didn't install the mhash package correctly since, for some reason, whenever I ran installpkg on it it refused to believe that the file ended with a .tgz (it did).  So I extracted it with IZarc on my windows machine and did a recursive cp of its usr to unraids usr directory.  I then manually ran the commands found in the install/doinst.sh.

You'll notice that the lines just before this error seem to be finding "md5" stuff ok, it's the "_md5" that causes trouble. 

Thanks for the suggestion and if you think I messed up the install or something let me know what I can try.  I'd appreciate any further help.