Unraid Inaccessible after Reboot

Scheev
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello, I've tried scouring these forums for solutions, but I feel like its a cascading issue that I am now out of my depth in.

Essentially some dockers were getting server errors and wouldn't start at all. So I figured okay, quick reboot and we will be back! Wrong. Wouldn't boot at all after that. Wouldn't show the boot messages at all, it would get past the mobo startup and thats it. So I tried the following steps to debug this.

1. Saved my config and reflashed

It booted and got to the IP display. But the gui was inaccessible via LAN, weird, but okay.

2. Tried to boot into the GUI on the server

This properly showed the boot sequence as before, but now when the GUI launches its just a blinking cursor in the top left. Okay odd.

3. Maybe this is just a network issue? Removed the netowrk.cfg and the DHCP reservation in my router.

Nothing, didn't help, it has a new IP but GUI is still not accessible.

4. Cut power and did a hard reboot

Still no change.

So here I am, I suspect there is something wrong with the nvidia drivers? not exactly sure, I see these new messages when booting. I am running a 1660 super.

mv: cannot stat '/usr/local/bin/mover' : No such file or directory
xz: (stdin): Compressed data is corrupt
modprobe: FATAL: Module nvidia not found in directory /libmoudules/6.1.49-Unraid

Any help is appreciated on where to go with this. I have also attached my diagnostics.

tower-diagnostics-20231101-1025.zip

Thanks! I did end up doing essentially this with the boot USB. But didn't go through the trouble of restoring a few files at a time to discern the culprit and opted to just wipe my settings and plugins to restore functionality.

I have suspicions about what happened though, I believe there were some updates on plugins that likely hadn't quite finished yet when I rebooted. More importantly I think the nvidia driver plugin may have been interrupted, and I think that it may have cause the issue I was seeing. Hard to say specifically.

For anyone who finds this post later. In order to start fresh without losing all data, I only carried these files over from the config/ folder to my boot usb that was wiped fresh with the unraid utility.

*.key files

super.dat

/shares

/pools

/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/*.xml These are the docker configs

After I did that all my data and docker containers were correctly restored after rebooting. I just had to re-add my plugins and update settings. Otherwise all shares were there properly.

• Like 1