ASRock N100M unstable

EMW

Dear Community,

I was just wondered if you also have troubles with the n100m as I do.

the first board I bought I already got replaced as I couldn’t boot Unraid at all. I thought that I just had bad luck but the second board is also crashing when a parity check is running and containers running as well as if I try to set up a Win 11 VM.

Do you also face troubles with that board? With other mainboards I barely had troubles.

I am looking forward to hearing your experience and maybe some fixing ideas.

Elias

• 1 month later...

N100M User here, a few dockers running, 5x4tb ssd running, a bit of transcoding and currently precleaning a regular HDDvia USB, i do not have any trouble with this board. In facht, i ran xpenology before i went to unraid, also no hardware issues at all.

bootstick is a 20 euro 64gb usb3 sandisk drive on usb 3 ´, power and network cables attached, thats it.

maybe someone with issues will see this thread, good luck sir.

On 11/6/2023 at 7:45 PM, EMW said:

I was just wondered if you also have troubles with the n100m as I do.

the first board I bought I already got replaced as I couldn’t boot Unraid at all. I thought that I just had bad luck but the second board is also crashing when a parity check is running and containers running as well as if I try to set up a Win 11 VM.

Hi @EMW,

I just tried to start Unraid on the n100m and I'm facing the same issue 😟. I also got the first board replaced and with the second it is still the same: I can't even start Unraid as it will hang during boot. Did you figured out, how to get it running?

Thanks

Stefan

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 4:38 PM, Lolight said:

Maybe it would be a better choice to switch to a desktop cpu based system?

Why do you insist on the N100?

i dont insist on this board, i just happen to have it and just use it. i am satisfied with the amount of performance this little cpu throws, i am satisfied with power usage and expendability.

also, i paid 110 euros for a board including a cpu that transcodes quickly and runs passively but still doesnt feel like a rip off like any J cpu.

2 hours ago, tlrg said:

i dont insist on this board, i just happen to have it and just use it. i am satisfied with the amount of performance this little cpu throws, i am satisfied with power usage and expendability.

also, i paid 110 euros for a board including a cpu that transcodes quickly and runs passively but still doesnt feel like a rip off like any J cpu.

Sorry, I've mistakenly quoted your post instead of replying to @EMW