unRAID constantly crashing and rebooting

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

This is my first ever post here, so I hope I can give all the relevant information.
I'm not sure if it started ever since I updated to unRAID 6.12.4, but this is when I started noticing it. I noticed because my server kept doing parity checks even though I set it to only once a week. Then I found out that it's because the server keeps crashing. I set the logs to copy to the flash drive so I'd have something to show here, but I couldn't find anything of relevance.

The server itself is a Ryzen 5 2600, 32GB of ECC memory, 2 cache drives with 240GB in RAID 1, and a ASRock B450 Gaming K4 motherboard.
GPU is a GTX 1060 6GB, and then I have a mixture of 6 HDDs.

I attached the diagnostics and the syslog. The first crash was around Nov 13 20:24-28, the second one around 21:16, but I only downloaded the log after I noticed my server not responding, so it might have been a bit earlier. It actually crashed again while I was typing this, around 23:30.
I added the new syslog file to include it.

I appreciate any help, thank you!

jupiter-diagnostics-20231113-2328.zip syslog

Edited by Killersemmel
  • Solution
Nov 13 20:38:28 Jupiter kernel: mce: Uncorrected hardware memory error in user-access at 23c638ee0

This suggests a hardware problem, same for the server restarting on its own vs just crashing or hanging, start by running with just one stick of RAM, if the same try a different one, that will basically rule out the RAM.

On 11/14/2023 at 10:22 AM, JorgeB said:
Nov 13 20:38:28 Jupiter kernel: mce: Uncorrected hardware memory error in user-access at 23c638ee0

This suggests a hardware problem, same for the server restarting on its own vs just crashing or hanging, start by running with just one stick of RAM, if the same try a different one, that will basically rule out the RAM.

It's difficult to say if that really was the problem since I'd need to wait a bit longer, but I took out one stick of RAM and it's been running for 2.5 days so far without crashing. If it crashes again I'll try the other one, but I'll just mark this as the solution, thank you very much!!

• Like 1