Using PCI capture cards inside a Docker.

Hello all,  I have 2 Hauppage 2255 Capture cards installed in my UNRAID server that I would like to get running in a docker.  I've gotten them to work inside a VM but would like to take it one step further and get them working in side a Docker.  I'm thinking of using them with one of the SageTV dockers.

I've done the ACS override to get them isolated in there own IOMMU group but not sure what to do for the Docker side.

1658523714_Screenshot2023-11-14115421.png.09b03ef7086afb838c1e6455eddb6708.png

This is from my VM where it is working...

Thanks

-Clayton

Was bored, saw your post did some digging. I've never passed a device to a docker before, or used SageTV Containers, but found other containers which have done this -- I figure it's got to be similar.

From a Docker command line perspective I think you want to use your system's equivalent to:

--device=/dev/dvb \

From a generic Docker template stand-point I think you're wanting to "add device" to Docker template, or perhaps the Docker template already has one added?image.png.b79ce0a64a69fb295926c04301b7f59e.png 

Here's an unraid forum for tvheadend which has some code box/snips for --device; might give you pointers on how it gets done (from a 'high-level' general idea stand point): https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44872-support-binhex-tvheadend/ 

Not the silver-bullet, I'm guessing, you were looking for but some pointers to the direction you were looking for.