Move array to cache without losing data

Hi,

I received my NAS and my ssd but I haven't received my hdd just yet.
I was so keen to start on building it that I used my ssd as an array.

In a couple of days when I receive my hdds, I would like to have the hdd as arrays and the ssd as cache.
Is there an easy way to do it without losing everything I have already set up?

Can I for instance add a parity disk and then move my ssd to cache and the other hdd as array?

Thanks

What file system type did you use for the SSD?

I would suggest that you start by using Tools->New Config and set up the array as you want it to end up.

You could then simply mount the SSD using the Unassigned Devices plugin and copy its contents back to the array.   For this the Dynamix File Manager plugin would probably be the easiest to use.  If you want to maximise speed do this before assigning the parity drive to the array.

Alternatively you could configure the SSD as a pool, and then for the shares you want to end up on the array set Primary storage as the SSD, secondary storage as the array, and mover direction to be ssd->array.   This would have the advantage that shares you want to permanently live on the SSD for performance reasons (e.g. appdata, system) there would be nothing to do.   This gets you back up and running with your data intact almost immediately.

• Thanks 1