unRAID Reboot

Hello forum,

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on why i cant reboot to unRAID while my drives are connected.  Currently, if i do a clean reboot I get a bios message "Verifying DMI Pool Data........Update success!" and no further action after that.  So, i have to open my box and disconnect drive SATA cables and then I can reboot to unRAID OS...then i have to hurry up and reconnect SATA cables to drive(s) before the OS totally posts to Tower Login. 

Looking around the forums and online, the talk seems to be about incorrect CMOS settings and boot priorities. Are there any specific CMOS and boot priority settings that work best for unRAID that I might want to try? 

MOBO: ZOTAC GF6100-E-E

Hello forum,

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on why i cant reboot to unRAID while my drives are connected.  Currently, if i do a clean reboot I get a bios message "Verifying DMI Pool Data........Update success!" and no further action after that.  So, i have to open my box and disconnect drive SATA cables and then I can reboot to unRAID OS...then i have to hurry up and reconnect SATA cables to drive(s) before the OS totally posts to Tower Login. 

Looking around the forums and online, the talk seems to be about incorrect CMOS settings and boot priorities. Are there any specific CMOS and boot priority settings that work best for unRAID that I might want to try? 

MOBO: ZOTAC GF6100-E-E

How many drives do you have in the system?

It sounds like the flash drive is getting kicked out of the 1st boot device.  Leave the drives connected and go into the BIOS.  check to see if the flash drive is the first boot device.

I only have the what the free version allows which is 1 parity + 2 Data drives!!

And yes i have USB as first boot device...  as a matter of fact, per the YouTube install Video, the proctor says that you should set USB as first boot device and then disable the rest so no other drive superceeds the USB.  But when i tried this I got the same results!

Issue solved... 

Typical NooB mistake, but since I'm a NooB, I'm eligible for such mistakes for now! ;).  The problem was with my CMOS boot priority settings..  There were two USB boot options in my CMOS; one listed "USB FDD and the other listed "USB ZIP".  Well, i figured USB FDD meant USB flash drive..  WRONG!!  USB ZIP was the correct option.  All systems go ready to add drives 4,5,6

Archived