Jellyfin net address has changed?

IanMcLeish

I am new, very, and I am not sure where to post this - it may be a pfsense issue, or a Jellyfin issue or something else.

Upgraded to 6.12.6, this may or not be relevant, perhaps coincidental.

My Jellyfin address was 192.168.0.10:8096 and it was working on various firesticks as clients, but it all stopped working, I noticed this the same day I upgraded. That is likely a coincidence?

I run Pfsense on a separate unit, and I set up No IP to update my IP address there using the address carricknamadoo.ddns.net a while ago. I am unaware of changing anything in pfsense of late.

Now to get to my Jellyfin I have to find the server at 192.168.0.10:8096/http://carricknamadoo.ddns.net

Opening the docker WebUi (BinHex Jellyfin) took me there which gave me the clue the address had changed, as that was the resulting address in the address bar. 

I have no idea what caused this, but I can get around it using the longer address on my local network, but I would love to know if anyone could suggest a reason as to why? A similar thing happened when I installed Unraid connect - the resulting address was not what was typed, but that didn't break connectivity on my 5 firesticks. This time the address change did.

I am posting here as i have no idea if this is a pfsense, jellyfin, or 6.12.6 issue, or even if it an issue at all, but i feel it is to me.

Any thoughts or suggestions please?

I will move this somewhere else if someone tells me to, but i have no idea where to place it other than here.

Thanks.