We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

ServerWorks ht1000 chipset

Vincentvm

Hi All,

I came across this http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/Opteron/HT1000/H8SSL-i.cfm MoBo. It seems great for the asking price (€25), since it has PCI-X, which will allow for cheap 8-port RAID Cards. Problem is the chipset:

HyperTransport Link

ServerWorks HT1000 I/O Hub

I did a search on the forum and Google, but couldn't find anything about compatibility with Unraid. Would it work?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

This is quite an old motherboard.  The money you save on the board you'll spend on a socket 939 CPU and DDR RAM.  You'll then end up with a server that costs about the same as modern one but uses more power and is slower.  Doesn't seem worth the trouble in my opinion.  I also don't know if the chipset will work or not.

Forgot to mention that I have compatible CPU+RAM available. I was searching for a socket 939 Mobo, since the tower with a Asus A8N SLI mobo I bought online appears to be defective. At least I hope that the mobo is screwed. The PSU is sound, and I can't imagine that the RAM or CPU is bad. In any case, a socket 939 Opteron CPU can be had for €15 if the CPU turns out to be bad, but the chipset could be a show-stopper for use with unraid.

Archived