Freezing issues after update to 6.12.6

Hello!

I've been having issues since updating unRAID to 6.12.6.

Here's a chronological rundown of my issues:

1. Update to 6.12.6
  2. The following day, server freezes, webUI unresponsive, shares unavailable, CLI on unRAID machine allows typing user, but hangs and does not prompt for password, pressing ctrl+alt+delete starts shutdown procedure, but server is not able to gracefully power off, not force shutdown
  3. Force unclean shutdown via power down
  4. After another freeze, I searched the forums and changed my docker network type to ipvlan (from macvlan)
  5. After another freeze, I tried safe mode
  6. Safe mode seems to prevent the freezing!
  7. I enabled syslog, with the plan to capture any issues
  8. I leave the sever running for several days, until it crashes and will not boot again
    Unfortunately the boot flashdrive was only 2GB and syslog filled the excess space, crashing unRAID
    This seems to have toasted the thumbdrive, as I am only able to recover some of the config before the drive starts showing garbled files and then ceases to be readable
    oof
  9. I buy a new thumbdrive, transfer my license, and rebuild the config using semi-recent backups of the the config
    (if you see strange things in config, this may be why)
  10. Server is recovered, and I update all plugins, but it still freezes if I do not run in safe mode
  11. I carefully allow it to freeze one time with syslog running by turning off safemode
    (see attached diagnostics, see syslog previous)
  12. I am currently running in safemode

I'd be grateful if someone could look at my diagnostic package and help me understand what the issue might be.
(Possibly a bad plugin? Or one that doesn't play nice with v6.12.6?)

And feel free to let me know if I am doing something in a foolish way- that's entirely possible.

tower-diagnostics-20240113-2113.zip

Edited by Ruthalas
  • 3 weeks later...