[SOLVED][6.12.4] Dynamix Sleep run docker while asleep?

Go to solution Solved by Burbsi,

Hello all,

I have a little question about my server combined with setting it to sleep.

So I’ve got my unraid server to go to sleep without issue.
Dockers run on cache, array is spun down, my server goes to sleep.
What I would like to know is if I can keep the dockers running while the server is asleep?
I know that it sounds like it shouldn’t be possible but maybe I just haven’t found out how to make it work.

Thanks in advance.
PS. If this isn't the right category, I hope the mods/admins will move it to the right one.

Edited by rikdegraaff
  • Solution

The S1 sleep state already shuts the processor clock off and stops the bus clock. Meanwhile Dynamix S3 Sleep is an even deeper sleep state - so your docker files may be saved on your cache drive but with your cpu asleep, they don't run. The only thing you can do in S3 sleep state is getting power from USB 3 ports and wake the system up with a button press on the keyboard or a magic packet (wake on LAN).

If your question was about keeping docker containers running after the system woke up from a sleep, then the "autostart" feature from the docker tab in unraid should help with that, i have not used sleep after i installed a docker that i want to have running 24/7

• rikdegraaff changed the title to [SOLVED][6.12.4] Dynamix Sleep run docker while asleep?