Server Lost Connection After Shutdown, now getting 169 IP Address but Containers Work

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello,

I recently had a power outage a few weeks ago and had to shut down my server, using the Web GUI to conserve power on my UPS.  After the power came back, I booted up the server and all of the services were working but I was not able to connect to the Web GUI.  When I had time to take a look at why the Web GUI was not working, I noticed that I could not connect using SSH either, so I hooked up a GFX card and monitor to try check it in Safe GUI mode but the Web GUI would still not work in localhost.  The flash drive I was using is a cheap one I bought at a local pharmacy and I was under the assumption that it had an issue and some data was corrupted and I would need a fresh install on a quality drive.  I got a new drive today, did a fresh install and swapped the drives but as I checked the setup I noticed that the IP address is posted before the login prompt.  I decided to put the old drive in and check the IP and noticed that the IP address is set to 169.254.139.91.  I was rather confused by this as all of my auto start dockers are still functioning.  I am a novice when it comes to networking and containers and do not understand how containers can connect to a network when the OS cannot; can anyone explain how this is possible?  I am running version 6.12.4 and still plan on attempting to set this up again with the fresh drive with 6.12.6.

*Update: wanted to start this post to get the info before swapping drives.

When I attempted to login, using the old drive, the screen locked up for a few seconds and, when it unfroze, the IP updated to the correct one for my local network.

The new flash drive works but I do not have a recovery drive for my old configuration, or any screen shots of the array, and cannot recall the exact configuration.  I also do not have any saved logs on the old flash drive.  Is there a way to recover the array configuration from the old flash drive?

I attached the logs that were on the drive but I think they were from the initial install, and likely do not have all of the drives in the current array.  Is there a command to generate logs?

I would appreciate any assistance or advice that could be provided.

tower-diagnostics-20230611-0802.zip

Edited by Mellkor
18 hours ago, JorgeB said:

You can copy super.dat and the pools folder from the old flash for the assignments.

Thank you!  This was the info I was looking for, I will try it today.

*update

This solution worked for me, I also moved the basic.key file and the files in the template-user and everything seems to be working.

Thanks again!

Edited by Mellkor