Issue with Permit Exclusive Shares

Go to solution Solved by Blueness,

I am currently experiencing an issue with the "Permit exclusive shares" option in Unraid. I understand from the documentation that if this option is set to Yes, share directories under /mnt/user are actually symlinks to the share directory on a storage volume provided the following conditions are met:

• The Primary storage for a share is set to a pool.
  • The Secondary storage for a share is set to none.
  • The share exists on a single volume.
  • The share is not exported over NFS.

The advantage of exclusive shares is that transfers bypass the FUSE layer which may significantly increase I/O performance.

I have several shared folders that fully meet these requirements. The primary storage for these shares is set to a swift pool, the secondary storage is set to none, they exist only on a single swift storage, and they are not shared over NFS.

The documentation suggests that once these options are properly configured, a small arrow symbol should appear to indicate that transfers are bypassing the FUSE layer. However, I am not seeing this symbol in my swift pool, although it does appear in my cache pool.

My swift pool is made up of two SSDs in a ZFS mirror configuration, while my cache is a single SSD formatted in BTRFS.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions you can provide on this issue. Thank you in advance for your help.

image.thumb.png.394c8ff7828eac3dc7ca9a4e0ce75820.png

image.png.ba8479c9e6ff5d936f496c5abb4ececa.png

image.thumb.png.e09fc0e8468ac3accf2e216f52b2dd78.png

Edited by Blueness