Manually triggered parity check shouldn't be paused

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Moin,

just a minor thing, but something that got me confused for a bit.

I did not expect that a manually triggered parity check will be paused based on the scheduler settings (for scheduled parity checks). As far as I can tell, this behaviour is not documented. I assume that in most cases, a manually triggered parity check is expected to run continuously until it finishes.

Thus I think it makes sense to change this behaviour. Additionally or alternatively, it would be helpful, if this behaviour could be documented.

Thanks!

• Solution
1 hour ago, jayman0815 said:

Moin,

just a minor thing, but something that got me confused for a bit.

I did not expect that a manually triggered parity check will be paused based on the scheduler settings (for scheduled parity checks). As far as I can tell, this behaviour is not documented. I assume that in most cases, a manually triggered parity check is expected to run continuously until it finishes.

Thus I think it makes sense to change this behaviour. Additionally or alternatively, it would be helpful, if this behaviour could be documented.

Thanks!

If you want more control then use the Parity Check Tuning plugin to handle pauses and resumes.   You can tell that plugin whether Manual checks should be paused or not.