Writing from PC to Unraid sloooooooooow

As in painfully slow. 2 MB/s slow. Unraid set-up, now wanting to transfer files across network

Is it because I have ASUS M4A78LT-M LE motherboard, which doesn't have onboard NIC?

1) Syslog attached

2) The PC I'm transfering from is an intel core 2 duo cpu, p8400 @ 2.26 ghz, 4gb ram, 32 bit operating system

3) Connection is - O2 Wireless router plugged in to gigabit switch, with tower plugged in. Computer is upstairs, hooked up using 200mbps homeplugs

4) HDDs are only being accessed to transfer stuff over

Hi,

Probably need more info than what you are giving, like calling the mechanic up and saying that my car isn't running what is wrong with it.

1) Syslog

2) Hardware, both transferring PC and unraid

3) Network connection, wired/wireless speed.

4) ARe the HDDs being accessed at the same time.

Is it because I have ASUS M4A78LT-M LE motherboard, which doesn't have onboard NIC?

Shouldn't make a difference. I run an intel PCI card on my motherboard.

Josh

1) Syslog attached

2) The PC I'm transfering from is an intel core 2 duo cpu, p8400 @ 2.26 ghz, 4gb ram, 32 bit operating system

3) Connection is - O2 Wireless router plugged in to gigabit switch, with tower plugged in. Computer is upstairs, hooked up using 200mbps homeplugs

4) HDDs are only being accessed to transfer stuff over

dfgdfg.txt

Nov 13 04:31:26 Tower kernel: REISERFS warning: reiserfs-5082 is_leaf: free space seems wrong: level=1, nr_items=11, free_space=2568 rdkey 
Nov 13 04:31:26 Tower kernel: REISERFS error (device sda1): vs-5150 search_by_key: invalid format found in block 8211. Fsck?
Nov 13 04:31:26 Tower kernel: REISERFS (device sda1): Remounting filesystem read-only
Nov 13 04:31:26 Tower kernel: REISERFS error (device sda1): vs-13070 reiserfs_read_locked_inode: i/o failure occurred trying to find stat data of [1 2 0x0 SD]
Nov 13 04:31:26 Tower kernel: REISERFS (device sda1): Using r5 hash to sort names
Nov 13 04:31:26 Tower emhttp: shcmd (59): chown nobody:users '/mnt/disk2'
Nov 13 04:31:26 Tower logger: mount: /dev/sda1: can't read superblock

I see this errors on your syslog which is related to your cache drive. I think the slow writes are related to your cache drive not working properly.

Are the shared folders that you are writing to have "Use cache disk" enabled? Try setting "Use Cache Disk" to NO on one of your shared folders, copy files to it and see the transfer rate improve.

Archived