Having issues passing through my GPU

Go to solution Solved by HomerJ,

Hi all

I've been trying to sort this issue out for quite a while on my own to no avail. I'm hoping someone smarter than me can point me in the right direction. 

I've created a VM for my son running Windows 11. I first created it using VNC for it's output so I could start is setup remotely. Here are the settings I used. 

Screenshot_20240311-173758.thumb.png.3476c2cfc1b9fe4130db5f7e918949c2.png

The boot order has since changed so it boots off the drive, and I removed the VNC output and it's now setup using an NVIDIA GeForce 1080ti for video and sound. I have also extracted the GPU's bios and I have it entered into the above. 

Windows knew to download the NVIDIA dashboard but when we try to open it, this is what comes up:

PXL_20240311_083521212_MP.thumb.jpg.bf1fcf48d246e49114a78d151c489be6.jpg

Elsewhere in the Windows system it states it's using a Microsoft Basic Display driver. We also have no sound. No red flags in Device Manager. 

I haven't tried the VM without attaching the rom file for the GPU. I've seen some instructions stating that this file needs to be edited first, but others don't say to to this, which is what I've followed. 

What should my next step be?

Thanks in advance!!!

• Solution

Solved the issue. I went and downloaded the bios online father than extracting it. Then I edited the file using a Hex Editor on my mobile phone and removed a section just prior to where it states that it's a video card. I then replaced the rom file in the template with this new edited one, and immediately Windows recognised the GPU.