Failed ot rebuild upgraded parity with WD White Label Drives (6.12.2)

Hello Unraid community,

This is my first time posting, so excuse me if I don't follow the rules or have posted in the wrong thread...

I recently bought 2 WD 18TB Easystore drives. I shucked them and tested them out in an external HDD bay, and it worked as expected (covering the 3.3v pin with tape). Then I put them in my array, powered via a Molex to SATA connector. I precleared them. One of them precleared with no problems (preread, postread, zeroing). The other had a couple of failed attempts at preclearing but finally it zeroed. Anyways, I followed Unraid's guide for upgrading the parity (which was 16TB at the time) and so stopped the array --> unassigned parity ---> ran the Array ---> restarted the server ---> stopped the array ---> assigned new 18 TB parity --> started the array and BAM! After a couple of seconds of rebuilding, I get the following errors (please see below).

image.thumb.png.b1f38073274b829ac8dd77f2eaedfb73.png
image.thumb.png.7a281282f0ba01af3bc6229151b81a06.png
image.thumb.png.aa9333220ea22ad470556730a369a546.png

The other 18TB HDD currently unassigned:
image.thumb.png.4dc01c1b17493584f5726acd53fb21f8.png

This has occurred for both 18TB instances. I have checked all my connectors (even with a multimeter to ensure no 3.3v) and the connector and cables powering these drives have been interchanged and shown to power/supply HDDs in the past. My original 16TB parity is unplugged; the docked containers that would be writing to the drives have been stopped (e.g. sabNZB). Please let me know if I should take any other precaution while not having a parity drive installed.

I have attached the diagnostics below.

Thank you in advance.

brooklyn-diagnostics-20240311-2315.zip

Posted (edited)

Just an update....

On 3/12/2024 at 7:16 AM, JorgeB said:

Disk dropped offline and then reconnected again, this is usually a power/connection problem, swap cables with a different disk and try again.

Ive already done this and the probelm persisted. I suspected that there was too much power draw from my sata cables or something that would not supply enough power to my WD white drives so I decided to spin up another server with a different and more powerful PSU and those WD white drives now formatted and parity synced without an issue. Thank you for the help!

Edited by afarhan3
typo