Docker Service failed to start

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

After I restart my server, I get the message in the docker tab: Docker Service failed to start. I didn't change anything before, just restarted. I've read that for some people a full cache pool was the reason for the problem. However, I assume that this is not the case in my case. Since I don't know the subject very well, I need help. Any ideas?

11 minutes ago, trurl said:

Perhaps you filled it up.

No way to know since it is unmountable.

We can take a look at how much is used after you recreate, but leave it at default 20G for now. Making it larger probably won't keep you from filling it.

28 minutes ago, trurl said:

but leave it at default 20G for now

To late. I set the value to 50GB. But since my cache pool still shows 300GB of free space, this shouldn't be a problem, even if it might not solve the actual problem.
By the way, thank you for the instructions! In principle it worked and fixed the problem! The containers are running again.

However, I now have a new problem because a container is not working (like before). I guess I should post this somewhere else?

The Sync-Thing instance is not reachable; in the log I get a warning message:

"2024-03-20 17:56:08,284 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[start] 2024/03/20 17:56:08 WARNING: Error opening database: read /config/syncthing/data/index-v0.14.0.db/000037.log: input/output error (is another instance of Syncthing running ?)"

Did you reinstall all of your containers? It is only using 5.8G. Usage shouldn't grow unless you add containers, and even then shouldn't grow a lot.

The usual cause of filling docker.img is an application writing to a path that isn't mapped to host storage.

50 minutes ago, Fluxgen said:

Sync-Thing

I don't use that. Click its icon and select Support

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

Did you reinstall all of your containers?

Yes, I did. I'm running three. Krusader, Syncthing and PhotoPrism.

7 minutes ago, trurl said:

Click its icon and select Support

Thanks for your advise. I'll do so