Mover modification to exclude files

Haenchensd

I have files that I would like to remain on the cache drive as it is never spun down, but they need to remain in the directory structure they are currently in so I can't simply move them to a directory starting with "." or "_".  Is there a way in which I could modify the mover script to exclude moving particular files?

I imagine I just make a change somewhere in this line, especially in the regex part:

\( -type f -regex '[.]/[^.].*/.*' ! -exec fuser -s {} \; -exec touch

/tmp/mover.sync \; \

-print -exec rsync  -i -dIWRpEAXogt --numeric-ids --inplace

--remove-source-files {} /mnt/user0/ \; \) -o \

Thanks for any help

I have files that I would like to remain on the cache drive as it is never spun down, but they need to remain in the directory structure they are currently in so I can't simply move them to a directory starting with "." or "_".  Is there a way in which I could modify the mover script to exclude moving particular files?

I imagine I just make a change somewhere in this line, especially in the regex part:

/tmp/mover.sync \; \

Thanks for any help

You told us almost nothing about what you are trying to keep on the cache drive.

If you are using a newer beta you can designate a folder as a "cache only" share and it will be ignored and not moved off the cache drive.

No, you would not touch the regex part.

You could potentially add -prune options for specific files.

Well, -prune doesn't help my situation (would exclude directories not files, could accomplish that with a leading . or _).  It did however lead me on the path to find my solution, thank you.

Here is what I did in case anyone else is wanting to accomplish a similar task:

Original:

(cd /mnt/cache ; find -depth \
/tmp/mover.sync \; \
\( -type d -regex '[.]/[^.].*' \
   -print -exec rsync  -i -dIWRpEAXogt --numeric-ids --inplace {}
/mnt/user0/ \; -empty -delete \) \
)

Modified:

(cd /mnt/cache ; find -depth \
\( -type f \( -regex '[.]/[^.].*/.*' -a ! -name '*.png' \) ! -exec fuser -s {} \; -exec touch
/tmp/mover.sync \; \
\( -type d -regex '[.]/[^.].*' \
   -print -exec rsync  -i -dIWRpEAXogt --numeric-ids --inplace {}
/mnt/user0/ \; -empty -delete \) \
)

(only line 2 has changed)

This will leave all files named *.png in their location on the cache drive.  This allows them however to stay in the same path (as seen by user shares) as associated files.  The purpose being that I need the *.png files in the same directory as the video files or whatever that are in my user shares (due to requirements of my video library software) but I don't want my drives spinning up all the time to access just the images when I'm just trying to browse the library.  All the images remain on the cache drive so I only have to have a single drive spinning.  This also serves for much faster browsing since you don't need all the drives spun or in my case the cache drive is never spun down.

Archived