New user question

johnp12

Hello,

I am building my first unraid 4.7 machine, 10 2tb disks to start (1 being the parity).

I just assigned each disk but when I go back to the main screen the disk 1 and disk 2 are showing 2 disks each

I am not sure why? I think these may be 2 disks I used previously to test, could something have not been cleared out from before?

disk 1 S/N should end in NPR

disk 2 S/N should end in TLS

disk 3 S/N should end in 3NQ

per my assignments.

any help is greatly appreciated. I have attached screen snapshots for the main screen and 1 for when I click on one of the disks from the main screen

thanks!

[/img]

John

Untitled-2.gif.14605ea32f1ee57e1fcafc058dc4d48f.gif

Untitled-1.gif.58d9c4375e8e0bf4cab60562c11d9686.gif

Hello,

I am building my first unraid 4.7 machine, 10 2tb disks to start (1 being the parity).

I just assigned each disk but when I go back to the main screen the disk 1 and disk 2 are showing 2 disks each

I am not sure why? I think these may be 2 disks I used previously to test, could something have not been cleared out from before?

disk 1 S/N should end in NPR

disk 2 S/N should end in TLS

disk 3 S/N should end in 3NQ

per my assignments.

any help is greatly appreciated. I have attached screen snapshots for the main screen and 1 for when I click on one of the disks from the main screen

thanks!

[/img]

John

You cannot just move the drives around like you have when inserting a new disk, or rather not without setting a new initial disk configuration.

On 4.7 you must stop the array and then

initconfig

and then respond with "Yes"  (with a capital "Y", lower case "es")

typing that will IMMEDIATELY INVALIDATE PARITY and set a new initial disk configuration.

When you then start the array a new initial parity calculation will begin based on the new disk configuration.

Joe L.

Archived