Move appdata from zfs formatted array disk to zfs pool?

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I initially setup my Unraid server in 6.12 with zfs formatted disks. I have 1 parity drive, 1 zfs formatted array drive and 6x8tb mirrored zfs pool.

I am trying to move the appdata folder (has datasets rather than folders) to the zfs pool. Under the appdata share setting it asks “Primary Storage” and gives me the option for the zfs pool. However when I apply, it just creates a new dataset appdata on the zfs pool without moving anything across. I can’t use mover because the options is greyed out? If I move it manually, will docker care?

41 minutes ago, Gasmanc said:

I initially setup my Unraid server in 6.12 with zfs formatted disks. I have 1 parity drive, 1 zfs formatted array drive and 6x8tb mirrored zfs pool.

I am trying to move the appdata folder (has datasets rather than folders) to the zfs pool. Under the appdata share setting it asks “Primary Storage” and gives me the option for the zfs pool. However when I apply, it just creates a new dataset appdata on the zfs pool without moving anything across. I can’t use mover because the options is greyed out? If I move it manually, will docker care?

Have you followed the procedure for this as documented here in the the online documentation accessible via the Manual link at the bottom of the Unraid GUI. 

• Solution
2 minutes ago, Gasmanc said:

That’s what I was trying to follow, but mover is greyed out for me (I assume it’s because I’m trying to move it from a zfs array disc to a zfs pool)…

Have you got the array set as secondary storage?   You need that to be allowed to use Mover.