Rename device in Cache pool?

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

The "Fix Common Problems" plugin recently started reporting the error "Share cache is identically named to a disk share". I did in fact make the mistake of naming one of the devices in my Cache pool "Cache" back when I built it years ago (the other disk is "Cache 2").

1. Is this in fact an issue I should be concerned about or should I just tell the plugin to ignore the error? 

2. If it is an issue, is there an easy way to rename the device or do I need to remove the device from the pool, rename it, and rebuild? 

Thanks! 

• Solution
6 minutes ago, anonymous3759 said:

The "Fix Common Problems" plugin recently started reporting the error "Share cache is identically named to a disk share". I did in fact make the mistake of naming one of the devices in my Cache pool "Cache" back when I built it years ago (the other disk is "Cache 2").

1. Is this in fact an issue I should be concerned about or should I just tell the plugin to ignore the error? 

2. If it is an issue, is there an easy way to rename the device or do I need to remove the device from the pool, rename it, and rebuild? 

Thanks! 

This is NOT anything to do with the pool you have called ‘Cache’.   It is that somehow you have also ended up with a User Share called ‘cache’.   If you look you probably have a folder called ‘cache’ on one of your drives.  You definitely want to fix this and not ignore it.