Unraid GUI becoming unresponsive, can't ping to ssh

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

For the last few weeks I've been running into issue after issue between my cache drive being forced into read-only, and now my unraid server can't seem to go more than a day or two before it will just freeze up and require an unclean shutdown. I may have fixed my Cache Drive issue but because of this new symptom my system will not run long enough before I have to physically reboot it.

Steps Performed

- I am unable to ping the server, and cannot get it to respond to SSH

- I have run the MEMTEST function 5 times and have not received any errors

- Nothing is displayed on the external monitor hooked up to it.

I have downloaded my Diagnostic file, and as I have a remote syslog server set up I have included a copy of the syslog from that server as it has the data up until the failure. It's in the same directory as the syslog file, but it is named 'rsyslog.log'          alexandria-diagnostics-20240405-2011.zip

• Solution

There's a macvlan related call trace, these will usually end up crashing the server, switching to ipvlan should fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enabled, top right)), then reboot.

On 4/6/2024 at 5:48 AM, JorgeB said:

There's a macvlan related call trace, these will usually end up crashing the server, switching to ipvlan should fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enabled, top right)), then reboot.

So far my Unraid has been stable for the past 3 days after making the change you suggested, which is longer than it normally has been. I appreciate all the help, sent some beer money your way for all the help.

• Like 1