Zotac ZBOX-ID36BR3D-PLUS Atom/ION HTPC Barebones- $340 after MIR

Rajahal

Zotac ZBOX-ID36BR3D-PLUS Intel Atom D525 CPU 1.8 GHz Dual-Core Next-generation NVIDIA ION w/2GB RAM, 250G HDD Blu-ray All-in-One Mini-PC

$340 after MIR

I'm currently building an HTPC out of one of these (added 4 GB of RAM and a 60 GB SSD).  OpenELEC boots just fine, but I haven't been able to get the USB 3.0 ports working yet (which leaves only one front-side USB port for an IR receiver).  Considering it comes with a built-in BluRay drive, I think this is a very good deal.

SWEET.  Does it run xbmc well?

I would get one of these, only I just finished building a larger HTPC for XBMC and another for Win 7.

Since I use the XBMC as a backup fileserver for music I need a large machine, but this thin profile machine is really sweet!

EDIT:

Here's my XBMC Case

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=299&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=62

However, I'm really loving this Zotac low profile design.

It runs XBMC perfectly well, just like the older Zboxes.  As I said, the only issue I'm having is that the USB 3.0 ports don't work.  I've messed about in BIOS trying to get them to be recognized, or to at very least run at USB 2.0 speed.  No such luck just yet.  If you don't mind having only one working USB port, then you can buy this today and it will work well.  If I do ever get the USB 3.0 ports working, I'll post about it on the Greenleaf blog.

Archived