Unraid keeps switching interface to 100 mbps

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Just noticed this started happening a bit ago. I've had this happen before, but simply rebooting the server fixed it. Haven't had this issue happen in over a year now. But now, doesn't look like rebooting the server is helping.

This is the onboard nic on an asus prime b560-m (here's the link to the specs)

will attach ethtool eth0,

Screenshot 2024-04-15 015415.png

a portion of ifconfig,

Screenshot 2024-04-15 015618.png

and diagnostics file.

yggdrasil-diagnostics-20240415-0151.zip

Edited by Xerazal
formatting
  • Solution

A gigabit LAN silently downgrading to 100Mbps normally means that there is at least one twisted pair not making connection in the cable between the router and the server.   This can be either a broken wire within the cable or a pin not making contact at either end.  I would suggest trying different cables and/or ports.

16 hours ago, itimpi said:

A gigabit LAN silently downgrading to 100Mbps normally means that there is at least one twisted pair not making connection in the cable between the router and the server.   This can be either a broken wire within the cable or a pin not making contact at either end.  I would suggest trying different cables and/or ports.

Swapped the cable out for another one and that seems to have fixed it. Did it this morning, and so far hasn't stepped down the link speed in 10 hours.

Gonna have to make a few spares for later replacement.