Krusader inside unRAID?

zerenx

I have been searching and googling around the internet for a file manager with a copy/move jobs queueing that is usable within unRAID, but found little so far.

Up until now I've been using Teracopy or CopyHandler from within my Windows VM inside VBox 4.16 inside the unRAID server. But the performance of the Bridged Networking VM is so slow for some unknown reason, I only get about 5-8 MB/s when trying to move files between the unRAID array disks.

I've also compiled mc 4.7.4 to include the background jobs queue listed here. Got it to work after compiling it with an Unraid 4.7/Slackware 12.2 dev. So far it works but I'm still wondering if there's any other better alternative.

I googled around again and found Krusader has the jobs queueing feature. But now I'm stumped on how to install and run Krusader on an unRAID server _without_ the full Slackware install. Linux gurus, is it possible? Any tips or pointers on how to do it? I'm willing to experiment around but I'm a Linux noob, my first full console Linux experience is only from when I started customizing unRAID.

Or is there any other better options? My server is headless and keyboard-less so the file manager would need to be able to be controlled from a Windows machine via Telnet or SSH.

Any reply is appreciated, thank you in advance.

PS: If anyone is interested in the mc package, I've uploaded it to my Dropbox