Time to Upgrade my hardware

I build this in the spring of 2020. A pandemic project

I want to upgrade to get an AVX/AVX2 CPU, a GPU to play with AI, and continue to run my many home automation and applications in dockers.

I don't do much media server/transcoding.

Here is what I have now
Case: Cool Master N400 - I want to keep this ATX case
PSU: EVGA 650W - I want to keep this
CPU (DUAL): |Intel Xeon X5670 - Replace
Supermicro X8DTL-IF ATX DUAL - Replace
4x16GB DDR3 PC3-8500 ECC REG - Keep if possible

I am seeing a lot of single CPU configurations on websites like serverbuild.net, but confused as why I would switch from dual to single config.

I am running unraid with 4x2GB Array drive, 1x2gb Parity drive , 1X1GB SSD for cache. I have another Unassigned SSD that I use for playing with VM

Docker is configured to utilize a NVIDIA GT 1030, but I need something bolder like maybe a Tesla P40

What MB/CPU combo should I drop in that can use the 64GB memory? Then I will worry about the NVIDIA card

• 3 weeks later...

I having a bit of an internal debate on this also (dual CPU vs single). I am in the process of upgrading my server and I am considering going to a dual CPU configuration. I am curious, having run a dual, how do you find them for power consumption and temperature. I am guessing a dual CPU may offer some power advantages of a single CPU and separate GPU...