ASRock X370 Pro4 CPU Upgrade for Efficiency/Power Savings?

Hello,

I have been running unraid for a while now on an ASRock X370 Pro4 with a Ryzen R5 1600X.  Its actually stable so there's that at least but with a manual overclock set to 3.7ghz it will only down clock to 2.2ghz.  I expect this has everything to do with how gen 1 Ryzen and Linux and C states don't seem to get along.  The ASRock X370 Pro4 is updated to the latest bios and can accept all the way up to the R9 5950x (theoretically)  definitely not sure the VRMs and such would be up to the task.  Regardless I am wondering if there is a Zen2 or hopefully a Zen3 Ryzen CPU or even APU I can drop in that is known to work well with this motherboard's power delivery and chipset and all the while allow for more efficient idle down clocking/power savings/entering C6 and remaining stable.

As it is right now, even if I remove /usr/local/sbin/zenstates --c6-disable from my go file, powertop shows my CPU doesn't go past C2.

With all HDDs in standby I am pulling around 180 watts and with them spinning I am pulling 200-210 watts depending on usage.  I'd love to score some idle power savings if i can find a suitable drop in replacement for 1600x.

Any and all input is appreciated.  Thank you.

image.thumb.png.319bb0531172386ba614e92c16db830b.png

image.thumb.png.db35200bf1fdd75d0d1d57d46ea236c1.png

Edited by username34793
screen shots

Perhaps the more appropriate way to go about this question is, what if anything can I do to increase power savings with my current motherboard?  Will a Zen2 or Zen3 CPU/APU offer anything significant in this matter?

It seems powertop is likely misrepresenting C states for Ryzen CPUs.  Regardless, previously if my 1600x entered C6 it definitely crashed but it did also have a period of appreciated power savings...  The strange thing is, I cannot do anything to get unraid to allow my CPU to enter C6 at this point.  I am not sure if there have been changes to the Linux kernel to prevent gen 1 Ryzen CPUs from utilizing C6 regardless of end user intent.  My bios/UEFI is set to enable global c states and I have removed the "/usr/local/sbin/zenstates --c6-disable" entry from my go file and yet no C6 and definitely very stable which is totally a good thing I suppose.

I do have the tips and tweaks plugin and tweaking for power savings at best will force an idle down clock to 2.2ghz.  However I expect the CPU is still running at the manually set voltage.

If anyone can chime in with some input, I would greatly appreciate it.  I had the 1600x from a previous  build and I grabbed the Asrock motherboard on the cheap looking to make things simple.  I wasn't expecting I would be overly concerned with chasing the power savings/efficiency dragon.  If a drop in for a "newer" cpu could sort this out that would be great.

Edited by username34793
grammar