NFS+SHFS (User Shares)

I recently updated from b9 to b14 and revisited NFS exported user shares. Using unRAID as a backup target, transfers still abort and the disk hosting the folder "freezes" (any process trying to access it freezes, while other disks are useable). There is no directly related error message logged, but drives always seem to have spun down around that time. The only way to recover seems a hard reset (plus following parity check, which is quite annoying).

I read several similar reports throughout the beta announcement threads so I thought I would open a new topic to collect any information.

To Tom/Limetech:

Is NFS on user shares considered stable and supported, or is this more of an experimental feature?

Is there a recommended build for using NFS+SHFS?

Is there anything we can provide for debugging this?

• 2 weeks later...

Remotely related bug: Some NFS exports are missing after startup. I haven't investigated further, but it seems to be caused by having multiple machine definitions, e.g. "ServerA(rw) ClientB(ro)". I was able to fix this by appending the following to my go script:

# fix issues with NFS exports
/usr/sbin/exportfs -v > /tmp/exportfs.before
sleep 120
/usr/sbin/exportfs -v > /tmp/exportfs.then
/usr/sbin/exportfs -ra
/usr/sbin/exportfs -v > /tmp/exportfs.reloaded