Need Help Restoring VM from Backup. Stuck in UEFI Shell!

Hey everyone,

I recently had an issue where my cache drive broke, so I had to replace it.

Fortunately, I had backups of my VM stored on my array, so I thought it wouldn’t be a big problem.

For the backup, I used the VM Backup addon, which saved the XML config, the image (qcow2), and the .fd file.

Here's what I did:

1. I created a folder under `/mnt/cache/domains` called `HomeAssistant` and copied the image file there.

2. I removed the timestamp from all the files, so they no longer had the numbers in their names.

3. I copied the .fd file to `/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram`.

4. I created a new "custom" VM and pasted the content from the XML file into it.

However, when I try to boot it up, it only stays in the UEFI shell and doesn’t actually start the VM.

image.thumb.png.cb0204143cff0efc1df89b82d2266e15.png

After that, I tried a different approach:

- I created a new VM without using the XML and pointed it directly to the image at `/mnt/cache/domains/imagename.qcow`, but I still had no luck getting it to boot.

I'm stuck at this point and unsure what I might be doing wrong. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I’d really appreciate the help! I attached the XML and the fd file. I can provide more details if needed.

Thanks in advance!

20240805_1110_47fcd4ea-276c-5b83-6f47-4424228979b6_VARS-pure-efi.fd 20240805_1110_HomeAssistant27.03.xml