Gigabyte 1155 boards?

scalene

I've been running a build based on the budget box for about a year.  No problem until the other day when I added a drive and it wouldn't power up.  I'm in the process of debugging the issue.  I'm beginning to suspect it's the Biostar 760 board. 

If I need to RMA the board, I'm looking for something to fill the gap while I wait.  On the side I'm also interested in building a hackintosh, where the common recommendation is a Gigabyte 1155 board.  Ideally I would get one of these boards to run unraid while I wait for my Biostar to be returned and then repurpose to hackintosh.  However, reading around here, it sounds like the 1155 boards are challenging.  The only success I've seen is here (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=15176.0). 

Any comments, recommendations, etc?  Are there more 1155 options out there?

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently running unraid on a  GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 that was previously a hackintosh.

Everything but usb 3.0 worked in OSX 10.7.

Now its my unraid motherboard. Unfortunately the board does not support VT-d so I am running it natively and not in esxi. There is a beta bios on the web that supposedly enables vt-d but it didn't help with esxi and my i5 2400.

Archived