Motherboard ?'s

ccruzen

Mods, since this isn't really unRAID related I put it in the Lounge but if it needs to be moved to Motherboards, I totally understand.

Long story short, I've got a Biostar TH55 HD that developed a short or something at one of the USB headers and started to bake/melt the PCB.  I've removed the USB leads and the system still works, actually used it to flash my M1015, but I'm a little nervous to use it/leave it on for long. 

Anyways, anyone think it would still be safe to use (obviously not using that USB header)? 

If not, anyone have any suggestions for a motherboard to use my Core i3 550 and RAM?  Would probably use it as an HTPC or a backup unRAID machine.  If used for unRAID would only use a few drives so no need for multiple PCIe slots.

Thanks for any suggestions,

If it is under warranty, I would definitely get it replaced.  Otherwise, I would consider using it for something non-critical, like a gaming computer or an HTPC, but I wouldn't use it for a server.  You want your server to be reliable and protect your data.  A damaged motherboard is a risk I wouldn't take.  A test server or a secondary backup server, maybe, but definitely not your primary server.

Thanks for the reply, I don't know why I never think about warranties for some reason.  I'll definitely contact Biostar and see if I can get a replacement. 

As for this PC, I think I'm going to try to use it to replace my Acer Revo 3600 as my main HTPC.  Am looking forward to trying out the latest XBMCbuntu beta.