Slow unraid --> unraid transfer

I'm sure I'm just making a stupid mistake, but hopefully someone can catch this for me.

Transferring from one unraid server to another, lets say Box 1 has the media I want to copy, and Box 2 is where it needs to go (Box 2 is a fresh install, no parity at the moment).

If on Box 2 I mount the share from Box 1 -->  mount -t cifs -o username=guest //192.168.1.x/Media /temp

and then go into mc to start pushing stuff from Box 1 to Box 2, it shows up as ~15-20M/s transfer speed.

However, if I copy from Box 1 to a W7 machine, I get 100M/s+ read speed, and then a copy from W7 to Box 2 gives me ~70M/s write speed.  So at least I know that no, both boxes are not defaulted down to a 100M/s link (and that's reflected in ifconfig as 1000M/s links accurately). 

Any idea what's causing my slow down when I do a direct copy between the boxes?  Am I using some wrong parameter for my mount?  Is there an additional setting I need to configure?  Is mc by some weird thing causing a slow transfer?

Thanks for any help.

edit: worse comes to worse, I can just use the W7 box as an intermediate to copy/paste between the 2, but more would like to know why I'm having this issue.

This brings up an interesting question. I have looked into using NFS but because the upgrade for Win7 32bit & 64bit to Ultimate just for the NFS client is in my opinion too steep, does it make sense to run SMB + NFS between a QNAP NAS (Linux) & my two Unraid Servers and SMB between my Win 32 HTPC, Win 64 Editing machine and the UnRaid servers & QNAP NAS, or am I inviting conflicts here? If including the NFS protocol what will be chosen as default NFS or SMB and does it require some special parameters to use NFS?

@Roancea

There have been many posts about copying speeds and I believe if you originate the copying from the Win 7 machines it will drag everything through the network, then Windows does its green ribbon of death or other idiosyncrasies and then finally copies it with slow speed to the intended target. I believe to get max speed the copying has to be done from UnRaid server either console or Putty session. I am content with my writing speed to the protected array using teracopy and getting speeds in access of 30 MB/s.