Promise S150 TX4

Been thinking about building an unraid server for awhile but was using Flexraid, which was more convenient because I wouldn't have to build a new computer or buy one. They recently started charging for the program so just thought I'd tryand switch over to unraid. Trying to just use parts I have lying around so just wanted to get some thoughts on the Promise S150 Tx4 card.

In the unraid faq it says that it is preferable for PCI slots to only have one hard drive attached to them. The S150 card is a PCI card that can hook up 4 hard drives to it. Will this cause significant problems besides some slow down? I don't access or change the data on each of my hard drives often so hoping the degraded speed won't be that bad. The motherboard I'm using is from 2009 and has 3 PCI slots and 1 PCIe x1 slot. Didn't really want to go out and buy anything new since I already have to buy/build a new PC as a HTPC to replace this PC which is being converted to a dedicated server. Appreciate any help. Thanks!

Archived