How to remove a drive from the array?

This is mentioned in the "browser based tutorial" on the main unRaid site, but it does not go into detail and it refers to the process using slightly different terminology... it mentions "initialize the array" and the button is actually labeled as "reset the array"

[pre]  >Suppose I want to remove a hard disk and I don't plan on replacing it?

In this case you should initialize the array configuration data so that the system can generate new parity information.

[/pre]

Stop the unRaid array using the "Stop" button on the bottom of the unRaid admin page and then power down.

After powering down, removing the drive, and reboot...

Again stop the unRaid array using the "Stop" button on the bottom of the unRaid admin page

Click on the "Tools" link at the top of that same page once the array is stopped. 

Once on the "Tools" page check the box to indicate you are sure you want to reset the array configuration, and then press the button.

It will take a while (4 or more hours if you have large drives) to rebuild the parity drive, and then you will be back to normal, but without the drive you removed.

Joe L.

(I've never done this, just reading and interpreting what I've read, so Tom... correct me if I did not get this right :()