Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cannot shutdown server or stop array

Featured Replies

Hello,

I'm facing an issue where sometimes I can't stop the array or shutdown the server. Even acessing directly the terminal and trying to shutdown does not work.

Only but hard resetting or hard shutdown I can get out of this state.

I cannot find anything obvious preventing this.

You can find attached the diagnostic logs.

Thank you

unraid-diagnostics-20261008-1107.zip

  • Community Expert

The diagnostics show repeated connection failures to the remote SMB share mounted through Unassigned Devices. On October 5, the kernel also crashes while retrying writes to that share.

During the October 8 stop attempt, Docker stops successfully, but the array then gets stuck at sync, which flushes pending filesystem writes. Both sync and shutdown are blocked inside the kernel. This makes the remote SMB connection the strongest lead.

After recovering the server, please disable automatic mounting for that remote share and leave it unmounted for a test. Keep any containers or scripts that use it stopped. Then check whether the array stops and the server shuts down normally.

What device hosts that share, and does it sleep, shut down, or lose its network connection? Which container or script writes to it?

If the problem happens with the remote share unmounted, please attach fresh diagnostics while the stop is stuck, before restarting.

  • Author

Hey Jorge,

Thank you for your response.

I can try to disable it for a week and see what happens.

This share is just used as a DR replication once a week where a script syncs the data to this NAS.

If that is the issue I'll try to mount the drive only on script execution to minimise the time it is connected to it.

What I find weird is that this has been setup this way in over two years and I never had any issues.

Thank you

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.